In this article, we suggest that you familiarize yourself with statistical data proving the effectiveness of content marketing.
To begin with, we will clarify that Content Marketing is the process of creating and distributing relevant and valuable content to attract and win the target audience. The ultimate goal of content marketing is to encourage the user to perform the action you need.
“Content is the first reason to search.” (Lee Odden, TopRank Marketing).
- Daily distributed 27 million units of content.
- 86% of B2B companies use content marketing.
- On average, 28% of the marketing budget is devoted to content marketing.
- 77% of B2C companies use content marketing.
- 55% of marketers plan to increase spending on content marketing in the next 12 months.
- 59% of marketers weekly create at least 1 unit of content.
- Content marketing is the main area for investing during the next 12 months.
- B2B marketers use an average of 13 content marketing tactics.
- 47% of organizations have a content marketing department.
- 70% of marketers in B2B create more content than a year ago.
- Heading content marketers plan to increase spending on content marketing by an average of 22% over the next 12 months.
- 42% of marketers publish new content several times a week.
- 54% of companies prefer all kinds of marketing to content marketing.
“Content marketing is the only marketing that we have left.” (Seth Godin, Seth Godin).
Distribution of content
Used content marketing tactics (top-down): content in social networks, e-newsletters, articles on the site, blogs, case studies, videos, illustrations / photos, technical documentation, online presentations, infographics, webinars / webcasts, research reports, microsites, Branded content tools, e-books, printed magazines, books, mobile applications, digital magazines, virtual conferences, podcasts, printed newsletters, games / gaming
- To promote / distribute content on average, 3 paid advertising methods are used.
- To gain access to 80% of content in B2B, registration is required.
Goals and content marketing programs
“Content is all that is of value to the reader.” (Avinash Kaushik, Google)
- 55% of marketers are currently engaged in determining which type of content is most effective for them. 31% plan to do this within the next 12 months.
- 63% of marketers are currently working to increase the number of visitors to the site. 23% plan to do this within the next 12 months.
- 84% of marketers call brand awareness one of the most important purposes of content marketing.
Percentage of marketers who determine the following positions as their goals
Percentage of marketers who determine the following positions as their goals (from top to bottom): brand awareness, lead generation, involvement, sales, cultivation of leads, customer retention
- 69% of marketers are currently working on creating more engaging / high-quality content. 19% plan to do this within the next 12 months.
- 54% of marketers are currently working on creating more diverse content. 28% plan to do this within the next 12 months.
- 63% of marketers are currently looking for better ways to refocus the content. 23% plan to do this within the next 12 months.
- 60% of marketers are currently busy creating visual content. 26% plan to do this within the next 12 months.
- 63% of marketers are currently working on studying their audience. 21% plan to do this within the next 12 months.
How marketers measure success (from top to bottom): brand awareness, lead generation, involvement, sales, lead cultivation, customer retention
- 58% of marketers are currently engaged in content optimization. 26% plan to do this within the next 12 months.
Content marketing in terms of audience
“The essence of content marketing is in telling a fascinating story.” (Joe Pulizzi, Content Marketing Institute)
- 20% of the time on the Internet users are giving content.
In the past 12 months, buyers have used this type of content to make purchasing decisions
During the last 12 months, buyers used this type of content to make purchase decisions: technical documentation, case studies, webinars, e-books, videos, blog posts, infographics, interactive presentations, ROI calculators
- 68% of users spend time reading about their brands.
- 60% of people start looking for a product after reading the information about it.
- 55.8% of B2B customers often turn to their content from their mobile phones.
- 82% of consumers experience more positive emotions in relation to the company after acquaintance with user content.
- 70% of people prefer to learn about the company from the article, rather than from advertising.
- 70% of consumers feel closer to the company that provides relevant content.
- 95% of B2B buyers prefer shorter content.
Complexity of content marketing
“Content is the king.” (Bill Gates)
- Only 38% of marketers consider their work with content marketing effective.
- 81% of marketers call one of the biggest difficulties of content marketing creating fascinating materials.
Difficulties faced by B2B marketers
The difficulties faced by B2B marketers (from top to bottom): the constant production of content, the measurement of the effectiveness of content, the production of diverse content, the budget deficit, integration into marketing, the difficulties associated with technology.
- 58% of marketers believe that their content is not conducive to involvement.
- 29% of marketers admit that their content does not attract interest.
- 29% of marketers call existing content formats boring.
- Only 39% of marketing professionals consider themselves successful in tracking ROI content marketing.
- 29% of marketers consider long content too difficult to learn.
- 46% of marketers are currently working on measuring ROI content marketing. 36% plan to do this within the next 12 months.
The effectiveness of content marketing
“It’s necessary to create outrageously good content: useful, pleasant and inspiring.” (Ann Handley, chief content specialist in MarketingProfs)
- The price of content marketing is 62% less than the costs of usual marketing. At the same time, content marketing generates about 3 times as many leads.
- Each spent dollar for content marketing is 3 times more effective in attracting leads.
- 53% of marketers called the creation of content the most effective SEO-tactics.
- Over the past 12 months, leading companies have increased the number of leads due to content marketing by 18%.
- The conversion rate is almost 6 times higher for those who use content marketing than everyone else.
- 41% of organizations that use content marketing, report on increasing brand awareness.
- The annual increase in site traffic is 7.8 times higher for content marketing leaders than for its followers.
- 51% of companies say that the leads generated by content marketing are much better than all other leads.
The most effective tactics of content marketing
The most effective content marketing tactics (from top to bottom): webinars / webcasts, videos, blogs, case studies, research reports, electronic mailings, e-books, microsites
- 48% of organizations using content marketing say that it promotes the involvement of current and future customers.
- Companies that conduct their own blog receive 67% more leads per month.
Using interactive content
- 88% of respondents consider interactive content to be very effective in differentiating from competitors, and only 55% prefer static content.
- 93% of respondents consider interactive content to be very effective in educating the audience, and only 70% prefer static content.
- 38% of respondents consider interactive content to be very effective in terms of sharing, and only 17% prefer static content.
- Interactive content is effective in terms of conversions 70% of the time, passive same content – only 36% of the time.
We wish you High conversions!