Search engines do not stop making edits and improving their algorithms, trying to achieve the maximum relevance of search results in accordance with the interests of Internet users. To understand how competently the activities are carried out on SEO-promotion and identify priority areas, you should pay close attention to the factors that affect the promotion of the site in Google.
Ranking factors of search engine Google 2017
1. Text ranking factors.
One of the beneficial investments in improving the ranking of a website in search is the creation of high-quality content.
The main criteria for the quality of text materials:
- Compliance with visitors’ goals;
- Relevance to the search query and information;
- Well thought out structure (sub-headings, paragraph breakdown, lists);
- Absence of grammatical, spelling and punctuation mistakes;
- Organic introduction of keywords;
- Adding graphic content (pictures, tables, infographics), as well as video recordings.
In recent years, it is the quality of content that stably enters the main ranking factors in Google. The current year was no exception. With the advent of algorithms acting on the basis of neural networks and assessing not only the correspondence of information to user requests, but also their meaning, SEO optimizers can forget about the density of “keys” and concentrate on the use of content for readers.
Such trends intensify competition and motivate website owners to create high-quality texts. At the same time, if the project budget is limited, it is more expedient to reduce the frequency of publications than to post low-quality materials several times a day.
2. Internal and technical ranking factors.
Attractive web design and useful content are powerless if the web resource contains many technical errors and flaws.
To organize a successful SEO you need to monitor:
- The existence of duplicates and “dead links”;
- Ease of navigation;
- The robots.txt file is correct;
- Speed of loading of web pages;
- Availability of an Internet resource map;
- Server response time;
- Optimization of HTML-code.
Also, special attention should be paid to internal factors of site ranking:
- Correctness of filling meta tags title and description;
- Correctness and uniqueness of h1 tags, headings and sub-headings h2-h6;
- Exclude unnecessary pages from the index;
- Micro-layout setting
- Canonical link setting
3. External ranking factors:
- back linking factors of ranking.
Links remain a relevant factor in ranking, but it is worth remembering that the main quality, not quantity. External links should be based on authoritative and relevant sources. Rapid buildup of low-quality reference mass in most cases is simply useless, and in some it threatens imposing strict sanctions on search engines, from rating down to exclusion from the index.
4. Behavioral factors of site ranking.
Behavioral factors of search engine ranking Yandex and Google 2017 represent a unique reflection of the interaction of visitors with a web resource. Search engine algorithms analyze a variety of indicators, evaluating the experience of user interaction. This takes into account:
- The time visitors are on the website;
- Number and depth of browsing;
- Bounce rate – the ratio of the number of Internet users who left the resource after one page viewed to the total number of transitions to the web page;
- Traffic sources.
Behavioral can also include social ranking factors – the activity shown by the audience regarding the content of your web resource in social networks (likes, reposts, comments).
5. Commercial factors of website promotion
Currently, a huge number of requests from mobile devices, so the implementation of projects with adaptive web design is more urgent than ever. In an official Google statement it was reported that starting from January 2017, unadapted Web resources will decrease in the issue for Internet users using smartphones, tablets and other gadgets.
Also Google in 2017 focuses on the use of technology accelerated mobile pages (Accelerated Mobile Pages (AMP), which allows to ensure the highest download speed. It is the version of the web page in AMP format that will be shown to users of mobile gadgets. This innovation is also associated with improving the convenience of browsing websites by Internet users.
In a number of subjects, the number of conversion actions carried out from mobile devices exceeds similar parameters of the desktop. Therefore, adaptability is extremely important from the standpoint of user convenience and can have a direct impact on the level of conversion. Do not expect to receive a profit from mobile traffic, if ordering or viewing contacts cause inconvenience to visitors viewing content on a small screen.
- Using HTTPS.
The choice of HTTPS protocol guarantees enhanced security and data protection, due to their transfer over cryptographic protocols SSL or TLS. Since the beginning of this year, Google Chrome browser marks web resources of online stores and services that use the HTTP protocol and require the storage of personal data or the introduction of payment card details as unsafe. Taking care of the comfort of users, it is advisable to ensure maximum security and confidentiality of the transmitted data.
- Content marketing.
The use of marketing techniques aimed at creating, publishing and popularizing information useful to the target audience in order to attract potential customers allows obtaining organic links, as well as:
- attract attention;
- Expand the client base;
- To stimulate the volume of sales;
- Increase brand awareness and confidence level;
- Provide unobtrusive promotion of goods, services.
Commercial factors in the ranking of online stores play a significant role, so for such resources it is necessary to take care of the availability and correctness of placement of such elements as:
- Phone numbers, address of the company (including the map of travel), e-mail;
- Form of feedback (it is important to use only the really necessary fields);
- Mode of operation;
- Terms of delivery and payment;
- Information on the return and the guarantees provided;
- Assortment and filling of cards of goods;
- Online consultant, etc.
Improving ranking factors
In an effort to improve the position of websites, it is worth remembering that it is not enough to make several edits and immediately get a significant increase in attendance or get to the top on high-frequency requests. Ranking the position of web resources, the algorithms Google and Yandex “explore” hundreds of variables, and to ensure a positive effect and improve ranking factors can only systematic and systematic work, focused primarily on the interests of the target audience.
An integral part of building a successful promotion strategy is also the active use of analytics systems that help to identify weak “sites” of the website, analyze the effectiveness of individual events, understand in what direction to move further, how to increase the return on investment.
Analyzing the behavior of Internet users, it is possible to determine the need for work on:
- Improvement of usability;
- Increase the usefulness of content;
- Elimination of technical errors.
Taking into account the current trends in the SEO world, optimizing websites according to the requirements of search engines and the needs of your target audience. A comprehensive approach and involvement in the project guarantees the maximum return on your investment in the promotion of your resource.